Step By Step Guide to Letting your Property
1. Accurate valuation - the key to letting your property for the best possible price within the shortest possible time. We know what has let and how much for, what condition the property was in to fetch that price.
2. Selecting an agent - we have extensive local knowledge of our market place combined with qualified ARLA staff and a growing reputation. Our marketing will give your property maximum exposure. And our fees are very competitive.
3. Do I have my property managed or do I use the tenant find only service? - this is entirely down to you and how much time you have to deal with the problems that may arise. Our qualified personnel are fully up to date with any legal issues which may arise during the tenancy, therefore taking those stresses away from you as the landlord. You may have the time and expertise to manage these yourselves. Whichever you choose, we are happy to help either way.
4. Preparing your property for tenancy - making sure your property looks its best for that new tenant is paramount. You want your property to let for the best possible price in the shortest possible time, therefore your property needs to stand out above the others. We can help with arranging for contractors to sort out those little niggles that need sorting out or with redecoration. We have a number of reputable contractors that we have used and recommend for such works or you may have your own or even do the work yourself, if you are handy at DIY.
5. Marketing your property - we give your property maximum exposure over a wide range of media including our new website, our mobile website, weekly advertising in the local newspapers and all the major property portals.
6. Accompanied viewings - we accompany all viewings so that we can answer any questions the potential tenants may have and get instant feedback.
7. We’ve found a tenant - once a tenant is found we give you a general background on the person or people who are going to be renting your house and you have the final say as to whether you think they are suitable tenants for your property. We recommend that we reference them through our independent referencing partner company and when we get the green light from them we draw up the contracts and arrange a moving in date.
8. Do I need an inventory? - we recommend to all our landlords that they should have an inventory. Should any problems arise during the tenancy of misuse of the property then the inventory is your evidence. We are happy to carry out these on your behalf, use the latest up to date software and you can even view them securely on-line.
9. Completion - once all the legalities are in place, we have the deposit and first month’s rent, then it’s time to hand over the keys to your tenants. We meet the tenants at the property, go through the inventory (if you have requested one) and take the meter readings.
To find out more about our services, give us a call on 01872 242425 or email us on: email@example.com.